If you're thinking about scaling to grow a team & work as an agency, here's what you need to know.
If you've been working as a freelancer for some time, you might be considering your scaling options, and the obvious choice is to grow an agency by hiring other marketing experts to support your clients.
But scaling with an agency model isn't for everyone, and there is a lot you need to consider before going down this route.
Laura Davis grew a boutique agency by accident, and in this episode, she reveals why that happened and how she works with other marketers to support her clients now.
If starting a social media marketing agency is on your mind, you might want to consider these key points:
- How do you feel about managing people? Do you have experience in this area? What do you need to learn or consider before taking the next step?
- Who will you hire? Will you use freelancers or take on employees? If it's the latter, what do you need to learn or consider before taking the next step?
- How will your agency work? Will you continue to deliver any client work or just manage the accounts? This may change over time, but it is a good idea to think about how you envisage working in the future.
- What will your clients want? Will your agency offer organic social media marketing, paid ads management, email marketing, copywriting etc. Who will you need to hire to offer those services?
- Can you afford to scale? If you don't have the margins to pay someone to deliver the client's work, you might be undercharging, so your first step is to reconsider your fees.
In this episode, you'll hear:
➾ How Laura Davis accidentally started an agency, and how it's going
➾ Why Laura Moore avoided this route, despite being in demand and at capacity.
➾ The pros and cons of having a social media marketing agency
This episode is part 1 of a mini-series about scaling your business. If you're considering adding a digital product to your business, check out part 2.
Rate, review, & follow on wherever you get your podcasts
If you enjoy JFDI with the two Lauras, we'd be grateful for your review as they help us support even more social media marketers!
To leave a review, just click here, scroll to the end, tap to rate with 5 stars (if you think we are worth it 😉) and then select ‘write a review' to let us know what you love about the podcast.