Faceless marketing – it’s been popping up all over Instagram in recent months, and we decided we needed to do some research into just what was going on and why on earth so many of these accounts with totally boring or just plain incorrect posts have so much engagement on them.
We initially decided to get our investigator hats on after Laura M shared on her Instagram story a post that said something along the lines of “don’t copy and paste in your Instagram caption from your notes app or you’ll get low engagement” (which is a complete crock of shit) with the note “no one listen to this rubbish!”. The faceless person behind the post then replied to Laura saying “thanks for sharing” and the whole thing seemed so bizarre that Laura D started diving in to find out what was actually going on here!
If this snippet has got you intrigued; well, you’ll need to listen to today’s episode to get the whole story – but we can tell you it links in with Master Resell Rights which is another HOT topic right now. So, prepare to find out what faceless marketing really is, and whether we think you should embrace the trend or not.
In this episode, we’re chatting about:
- What the faceless marketing trend even is
- How this links in with Master Resell Rights
- Comparing your posts’ success to theirs
- How you should actually be monetising your account
Jump straight to it…
[00:47] First hearing of this “trend”
[03:02] The investigation into why it’s so popular
[06:33] Don’t judge your expertise by the “success” of their posts
[10:47] How are these accounts actually making money?
[15:51] What should you do instead?
[18:09] How about if you don’t want to show your face on Instagram?
[20:28] Monetising your account
This Episode’s Links & Further Reading:
- 🎧 Episode 21: Scaling Your Social Media Business with Digital Products
- 🎧 Episode 54: How to Create a 4-Week Programme
- 🎧 Episode 72: A Simple Way to Get People on Your Email List
- Get The Social Media Managers Toolkit
- Our Brand New Online Training